If you’re someone who loves entertaining and wants to provide the most comfortable outdoor seating arrangement for your guests, it’s important to explore all your options. However, depending on how long you plan on entertaining your guests, traditional outdoor seating might not be the best fit for your patio space. Sometimes, we need a little extra support from our furniture, so our friends and family can sit comfortably for hours on end.
If you want to accommodate your guests for hours at a time, with the utmost comfort, we have the perfect solution - high backed outdoor furniture.
Maybe you’re wondering, how is high backed furniture different from other outdoor furniture seating you’ve seen before? Well, there is a lot to be said about comfort - which is exactly what these seats are designed to provide. If you’re ready to maximize your support, it’s time to take a closer look at the benefits of high-backed outdoor furniture.
What is High Back Outdoor Furniture?
High back outdoor furniture is just as it sounds - it’s outdoor seating that offers you more support than traditional sized seats. The main difference in high back seating is its overall height and depth. While traditional outdoor furniture backs will stop around 29 inches, between your shoulder blades or lower back, high backed furniture goes all the way up towards your neck. Most high back furniture approaches 37 inches, so you’ll have the additional support you need to sit comfortably for hours.
The advantages of high backed outdoor furniture speak for themselves - it provides ultimate comfort and fully supports you and your guests. Taller members of your family might not get the same type of back and neck support from traditional, lower outdoor seats, so they can experience back discomfort if they’re left idle for too long. Also, being able to sit for long periods, while entertaining or having dinner, requires a little extra support from our patio seating. With high backed furniture, everyone will be able to sit comfortably.
Types of High Back Outdoor Seating
Luckily, with high back outdoor seating, the sky's the limit. It’s become more common for outdoor furniture brands to offer traditional, and high-backed seating options. This way, you can create the best outdoor living furniture layout for your patio, and support all of your guests. Some of the most popular high backed seating options include:
- Dining Chairs
- If you have limited space on your deck or patio, your outdoor dining table might become more than a place to eat if you’re entertaining. By making this space as comfortable as possible for your guests, you’ll be able to sit and relax for hours. Whether it’s a bistro set for two or dining table for ten, high backed seating is the most comfortable dining option available.
- Sectional Sofas
- If you have extra space and want to splurge on patio furniture, a high back sectional sofa will provide optimal comfort for everyone.
- Bar Stools
- Sitting at a high top table or bar doesn’t mean you should have to compromise on support! High backed bar stools are great for gatherings of friends and hours of time outside.
- Adirondack Chairs
- These outdoor lounge chairs are great for relaxing - but it can be challenging if they don’t have enough support! You can sit around your gas fire pit comfortably with a high backed Adirondack chair. Cushioned headrests provide additional comfort.
- Rocking Chairs
- Rocking chairs are a traditional outdoor seat, perfect for friends and family. Luckily, there are plenty of brands that offer high backed rocking chairs, so you can complete your patio or porch.
Whether you want to seat everyone comfortably at your patio table, relax in an outdoor living room area, or lounge under a patio umbrella, high backed seating is the perfect addition to any outdoor space.
What Materials Are Available in High Backed Seating?
If you have your heart set on outdoor high back seating but want to buy a teak outdoor furniture collection for your space, our designers will work with you to find the perfect solution. Many of our collections have a high-backed seating option, so you can still get everything you want, without compromising on comfort. These outdoor furniture materials include:
- Synthetic Wicker
- Cast Iron
Two of our favorite high backed seating brands - that are currently available on our showroom floor - are Patio Renaissance’s Catalina Collection and Tropitone Ravello. Both of these highly durable outdoor furniture collections look amazing on patios and decks of all shapes and sizes. You can entertain with peace of mind.